In this study, the socio-economic impact of higher education in Pakistan are studied. The main objective of this study was to examine and analyse the casual relationship between socio/economic impacts in higher education. The study has also highlighted the firm relationship in higher education. The findings showed that there is positive relationship in higher education.
Anam Azam is currently doing Master in Economics from Beijing University of Language and Culture University, Beijing, China (corresponding author to provide phone:0086-13641117142; ; e-mail: email@example.com).
Fouzia Nazir is doing her Master in Psychology from University of Gujrat, Pakistan.
Muhammad Rafiq is studying at North China Electric Power University, Beijing, China (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Anam Azam Muhammad Rafiq Fauzia Nazir "Socio-Economic Impact of Higher Education in Pakistan"International Journal of Business Economics and Management Works Vol. 2 Issue 4 PP. 22-25 April 2015.
- OECD (2011) "Education at glance" www.OECD.org.edu. OECD publishing paris.
- Task force Report on Improvement of Higher Education in Pakistan: Challenges and opportunities", Ministry of education, Government of Pakistan, March 2003.
- Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Education, Academy of Education Planning and Management, Statistics Division, Federal Bureau of Statistics, "National Education Census 2005 Pakistan".
- The education system in Pakistan UNESCO institute for statistics, 2005 www.uis. UNESCO.org.
- Literacy rate in Pakistan province wise www.com.pk. Retrieved 2009_10.
- Williams A, (2005), "postsecondary education in America." Higher education American report.
- Woodhal M, (2007), "Funding higher education in America". Education Working Paper Series No.8.
- Obwona M, "Development of higher education in Africa". Research Series No.48.
- Javed Z, (2008) "Socio Economic Status of Villagers life." Pakistan Economic and Social Review Volume 46, No. 2, PP.133_146.
- Iqbal A, (2009) "Higher education and economic growth in Pakistan". Journal of commerce and social science. Vol NO.3.
- Bilal M, (2012) "issues of higher education." Journal of contemporary research business. VOL 4, No.7.
- Ahmad I, (2014) "Barriers to coeducation in Pakistan". Vol No.26(1)PP 339_445.
- OECD (2010) "improving health and social cession through education". www.OECD.org..edu. OECD publishing Paris.